Potato Crust Quiche
Previous day : cut potatoes into fairly even sized chunks,
usually 3-4 per potato.
Put in salted boiling water in pressure cooker.
Bring pressure cooker up to pressure, then remove from heat.
Let sit for 5 minutes, then release pressure.
Store potatoes in refrigerator for later use.
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Slice potatoes into thin slices, and set aside.
- Prepare beaten eggs and cream/milk mixture.
Usually about 1c cream to 6 eggs.
Add grated cheese to egg mix.
- Saute in cast iron (or other oven-safe) skillet appropriate items.
Onions, bacon, ...
remove to a bowl.
make sure skillet remains well-coated with oil or fat, even up the sides.
- Line the hot greased pan with potato slices
- add fillings, both saute'd and fresh.
- cover with egg mix
- bake for about 1/2 hour, until egg mix is no longer wet