Vegan Tofu Mushroom Quiche
This is based off of the Vegan recipe from "The Farm" Cookbook.
The fish sauce gives an intense savory flavor, but it can be
omitted for a completely vegan recipe.
I like to leave the word vegan in the title of the recipe since
this is a quiche without eggs or cheese, so it is still
more of a vegan-style quiche than a traditional quiche, even if
you do choose to include the fish sauce.
Saute in olive oil:
until onions have cleared, and mushrooms have reduced.
- 1 tsp. fresh ground pepper
- 1 large onion (or two medium), sliced thin
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 3c (or more) sliced fresh mushrooms, a large basket full.
- a little salt may help extract liquid from mushrooms and onions
While these are cooking, blend:
- 12-16 oz Tofu block
- 2 Tbsp lemmon juice
- 1.5 Tbsp soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp yeast flakes
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1 tsp Thai fish sauce [optional]
- Liquid from saute pan, and perhaps a little onion
Stir together blended paste and cooked items, and pour into a pie shell.
Bake at 375F for about 30 minutes.
Remove from oven, and allow to set for about 10 minutes before serving.
Last modified: Wed Mar 13 07:30:02 MDT 2013