Puttanesca Toamto Sauce
This is a very loose variation on the Roman tomato/caper sauce.
It is very forgiving. Vary ingredient quantities according to taste.
Following is a variation on the traditional sauce, which
avoids anchovies for my picky spouse.
- Brown diced bacon.
- Saute pleanty of fresh garlic, and some
fresh ground pepper in the bacon grease, about 1 minute until
garlic is browned.
- In the grease, heat up (just to a sweat for a miunute or two):
- Diced fresh tomatoes
- olive pieces
- minced fresh basil
- salt to taste.
- serve over pasta, topped with capers
Try the following for the more traditional variation:
- Replace the bacon with olive oil.
- Add some diced anchovies before the tomatoes.
Last modified: Wed Nov 23 08:23:29 MST 2005